REGISTER YOUR TEAMS TODAY for ST. PATRICKS DAY 🍀 WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17th @ 6:30 PM 🍀
After 5:00pm on 3/17 - Purchase tickets from retail desk at LWP
Little Wooden Penguin is teaming up with the Celina Runners Club to bring you the SHAMROCK RELAY, our inaugural beer-mile team event! What's a beer mile, great question!
It's a run that consists of four laps (.25 each / 1 mile total), kicked off by the drinking of a 12oz beer, in our case a 12oz GREEN BEER! Here's how it will work:
1. Teams line up, the horn sounds. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer. The beer must be consumed before the first lap begins.
2. The first leg will run to Malone and back, where their second leg is waiting. The beer is drunk, then leg 2 can go, and so on.
3. Teams can be made up of a combo runner/drinker, or a runner/non-drinker can pair with a drinker/non-runner for their portion of the lap. Any combo works as long as you finish the 4 laps and 4 beers. (2-8 people / team)
4. Register before the event on Wednesday for $5/ Team. LWP will supply your (4) green beers for the run. Register on-site that day for $10/Team.
5. The race kicks off at 6:45pm!
• Drink Beer #1 - Run to Malone and back
• Next team member drinks Beer #2 - Next lap and back
• Next team member drinks Beer #3 - Next lap and back
• Next team member drinks Beer #4 - Finish LAST LAP!
6. Awards will be given to the first three teams to finish - not to mention bragging rights!
7. Must be 21 to participate
8. Competitors who vomit before they finish must complete a penalty lap! :)
Disclaimer: Celina Runners Club and Little Wooden Penguin are not encouraging irresponsible or dangerous behavior. Don't try a beer run if you're underage, or if you're not fit for it. If you hurt yourself or others or property, we are not responsible, so don't be an idiot. :)